Plasma Power Supply for energy and agricultural applications
The Gliding Arc Plasma Research System can produce synthesis gas from gaseous (natural gas, propane, butane) and liquid (gasoline, diesel) fuels in partial oxidation and steam reforming modes of operation. It also can be used for CO2 sequestration and cleaning of gaseous products of biomass, coal, and municipal wastes gasification.
Potential System Research Applications
- Processing of gaseous impurities
- Conversion of hydrocarbons
- Liquid processing for surface modification and sterilization
- Air treatment and sterilization
- Water treatment/processing
- VOC emission reduction
- And more!
The Gliding Arc Laboratory Plasma System includes:
- GlidArc Plasmatron adapted for specific application
- Thermally Insulated Plasma Reactor for reforming of hydrocarbons into synthesis gas
- Control Panel equipped with rotameters, pressure gauges, and valves
- High voltage variable power supply (power level up to 500 W)
- Input voltage 110V AC, 60 Hz;
- Type SMPS (switching mode);
- Switching frequency ~30 kHz;
- Output power ~0.5- 3kW (varied in steps);
- Output voltage and current monitoring;
- Overload protection
- H2S Dissociation and CO2 Sequestration
- Dissociation of H2S in Low Current Gliding Arc Tornado Discharge.
T. Nunnally,K. Gutsol, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, A. Gutsol, 2011, Proceedings of ISPC20.
Dissociation of CO2 in a Low Current Gliding Arc Plasmatron, T. Nunnally, K. Gutsol,
A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, Proceedings of ISPC20.
- Reforming of Hydrocarbon Fuel into Synthesis Gas
- On-board plasma-assisted conversion of heavy hydrocarbons into synthesis gas, M. Gallagher, R. Geiger, A. Polevich, A. Rabinovich, A. Gutsol, A. Fridman, Fuel,v.89, June 2010, pp.1187-1192.
Gliding arc discharge as a source of intermediate plasma for methane partial oxidation. C.S. Kalra, A. Gutsol, A. Fridman, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, v.33, No1, p. 32-41(2005).
- Reforming of Biomass, Coal, Municipal Wastes into Clean Synthesis Gas
- Non-thermal plasma conversion of pyrogas into synthesis gas, F. Odeiemi, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, 2011, Proceedings of ISPC20.
Development of high power plasma reformer and power supply for large scale applications, Ivan Chernets, Gary Nirenberg, A. Fridman, A. Rabinovich, 2011, Proceedings of ISPC20.