From the CDC: Each year roughly 1 in 6 Americans (48 million people) get sick, 128,000 are hospitalized, and 3,000 die of food-borne diseases.
Studies have shown that plasma discharges can be used to decontaminate raw produce, dried nuts, meat, poultry, fish, granular foods (i.e. dried milk, herbs, and spices), processing equipment, and packaging materials.
- Dry rapid process
- No toxic residuals.
- Low energy and without adverse effects
- Can decontaminate solid foods
- Can stop biofilm formation.
- Advanced pasteurization methods.
Plasma technology is emerging as the new standard in food safety technology:
- Atmospheric Plasma Technology in the Meat Industry (Food Safety Magazine)
- New technologies: Cold plasma (Campden BRI)
- Plasma for the Food Industry (Institute of Food Science Technology)
Contact us today to learn more about plasma technology and food safety.